The Master’s program in Research in Behavior and Cognition is an official Master’s program consisting of 60 ECTS units, including 20 research ECTS. It is an intensive one-year program taught entirely in English (except the elective courses of Primatology, which are in Catalan or Spanish).
The program is designed as the coursework training period for the Ph.D. program in Brain, Cognition and Behavior and for the Ph.D. program in Biodiversity. As such, it provides access to the Ph.D. program for individuals who have not previously completed an official Master’s program with a research component – the standard requirement for admission to a Ph.D. program.
Common courses (2023-2024)
- Regression analysis and the general linear model (5 ECTS)
- Behavior and cognition seminar (5 ECTS)
- Cognitive neuroscience (5 ECTS)
- Research (20 ECTS)*
And here you will find the courses offered in 2023-2024 that are profile-specific (you should choose a total of 25 ECTS)
- Individual differences research (5 ECTS)
- Multivariate analysis and structural equation models (5 ECTS)
- Personality and cognition (2.5 ECTS)
- Behavioral genetics (2.5 ECTS)
- Research in personality science (2.5 ECTS)
- Computational models in cognition and programming skills (5 ECTS)
- Human brain function (5 ECTS)
- Learning and cognition (2.5 ECTS)
- Workshop in data analysis (2.5 ECTS)
- Workshop in neuroimaging techniques and sensory motor control (2.5 ECTS)
- Advances in language processes and memory (2.5 ECTS)
- Decision making (2.5 ECTS)
- Attention and prediction (2.5 ECTS)
Primatology / etoecology Profile:
- Origins of human behavior (5 ECTS)
- Animal social behavior and cognition (5 ECTS)
- Etoecology and conservation (2.5 ECTS)
*The 20 research ECTS are completed as follows: During the second semester students perform a research practicum (10 ECTS) in one of the program’s lines of research, under the guidance of one of the program’s professors. At the end of the second semester they prepare a research project (10 ECTS) which they then present to an examining comittee (click here to check the information about the Master Thesis).
To know the Courses plans of the different courses you can visit the oficial website, with detailed information, by clicking here.
Check the current Calendar/schedule of the courses (2023-2024).
Check the schedule/classrooms/professors of each course here.